Wednesday, January 30, 2013

ARC Spotlight - LINKED by Imogen Howson


 
Linked

 

Elissa used to have it all: looks, popularity, and a bright future. But for the last three years, she’s been struggling with terrifying visions, phantom pains, and mysterious bruises that appear out of nowhere.

Finally, she’s promised a cure: minor surgery to burn out the overactive area of her brain. But on the eve of the procedure, she discovers the shocking truth behind her hallucinations: she’s been seeing the world through another girl’s eyes.

Elissa follows her visions, and finds a battered, broken girl on the run. A girl—Lin—who looks exactly like Elissa, down to the matching bruises. The twin sister she never knew existed.

Now, Elissa and Lin are on the run from a government who will stop at nothing to reclaim Lin and protect the dangerous secrets she could expose—secrets that would shake the very foundation of their world
. 

Recommended for fans of: YA Sci-fi

I love me some YA sci-fi, and this was had everything a geek girl like me could want! Futuristic? Check. Space ships? Check.  Kick-ass heroine? Double Check. The world-building was fantastic, I loved the back-story that Howson wove throughout. The pacing was great, propelling you through the pages. I liked how LINKED had not one, but two characters that grew throughout the story. The plot twists and turns will keep you hooked. I also liked the bigger issues the book addresses. It will get you thinking about personal freedom and individual duty.

LINKED is now available for pre-order and releases June 11th.

6 comments:

  1. I just got approved for this book on Edelweiss! I am so excited to read it. The cover is one of my favorites so far this year. Any book that mentions a kick-ass heroine automatically has me sold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks interesting! Thanks for mentioning it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good premise, and that's an astonishing cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was diagnose with hpv virus for 5years i broke up with my boyfriend because i contracted the virus from him, luckily i found a herbalist name Dr. onokun everyone testify good of his natural treatment i picked up his address and contacted him. he truly treated me with natural herbs in a week and i got cured. i share this post because ever since i got this treatment I'm perfectly ok with my health. i contacted him through this email.. dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joy and happiness is all i can see around ever since i came in contact with this great man. i complained bitterly to him about me having herpes only for him to tell me it’s a minor stuff. He told me he has cured thousands of people but i did not believe until he sent me the herbal medicine and i took it as instructed by this great man, only to go to the hospital after two weeks for another test and i was confirmed negative. For the first time in four years i was getting that result. i want to use this medium to thank this great man. His name is Dr Oyagu, i came in contact with his email through a friend in UK and ever since then my live has been full with laughter and great peace of mind. i urge you all with herpes or HSV to contact him if you willing to give him a chance. you can contact him through this email oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com or you can also WhatsApp him +2348101755322
    He also cured my friend with HIV and ever since then i strongly believe he can do all things. Don't be deceived thinking he does not work, i believe if you can get in contact with this man all your troubles will be over. i have done my part in spreading the good news. Contact him through his email and you will be the next to testify of his great work.



    ReplyDelete
  6. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete