Monday, September 17, 2012

Nyssa's Book Nook - The Maximum Ride Series by James Patterson

(Nyssa's Book Nook is a once a month guest contribution written by Demitria's awesome sister Nyssa Lunetta.)

Hey guys,

So my sister was feeling under the weather today and I volunteered to write a post about books that I really enjoy. She loved the idea so much, she asked if I wanted to do a once a month guest post. So here goes my first ever Nyssa's Book Book recommendation.

I am not a writer like her but I am an avid YA novel reader and would love to tell you about the books I have read and thoroughly enjoyed. The first book I want to share with you is The Maximum Ride Series by James Patterson. The series is an 8 part series. These books keep you in full suspense as a gang of genetically altered children fight for freedom, a place to call home, and for their lives. Below is a synopsis of the the first book. Maximum Ride-The Angel Experiment.

The funny thing about facing imminent death is that it really snaps everything else into perspective. Take right now, for instance.
Run! Come on, run! You know you can do it.
I gulped deep lungfuls of air. My brain was on hyperdrive; I was racing for my life. My one goal was to escape. Nothing else mattered.
My arms being scratched to ribbons by a briar I'd run through? No biggie.
My bare feet hitting every sharp rock, rough root, pointed stick? Not a problem.
My lungs aching for air? I could deal.
As long as I could put as much distance as possible between me and the Erasers.
Yeah, Erasers. Mutants: half-men, half-wolves, usually armed, always bloodthirsty. Right now they were after me.
See? That snaps everything into perspective.
Run. You're faster than they are. You can outrun anyone.
I'd never been this far from the School before. I was totally lost. Still, my arms pumped by my sides, my feet crashed through the underbrush, my eyes scanned ahead anxiously through the half-light. I could outrun them. I could find a clearing with enough space for me to—
Oh, no. Oh, no. The unearthly baying of bloodhounds on the scent wailed through the trees, and I felt sick. I could outrun men—all of us could, even Angel, and she's only six. But none of us could outrun a big dog.
Dogs, dogs, go away, let me live another day.

These books are fast-paced and exciting. The ideal is really original. You feel like you're a part of Max and the gang's world. You also care about the character. Check it out and I hope you find these books as enjoyable as I did. 

- Nyssa

6 comments:

  1. Good book review Nyssa! Hope Demitria feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was an excellent review! Well wishes.

    Hugs and chocolate,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nyssa! Thank you so much for the guest post! I can't wait to see what you'll review next!

    ReplyDelete

  4. I am here to say thanks you to Dr Lucky my wife was
    was have herps diseases over 4 months and I went
    to the hospital for medication thinking that it was a
    little sickness but hearing from the doctor I was
    afraid that am going to loose my wife because the
    doctor said there was no cure but I should try and
    contact a herbal doctor I have it a try and contacted
    Dr Lucky I did all necessary things and got my
    medicine through dhl services I gave it to my wife
    behold in a week time the symptoms was gone and
    after two good weeks my wife was free from hero's
    diseases brother and sisters out there who don't
    believe in herbal medicine stop deceiving your self
    and contact Dr Lucky on this email
    ( drLuckyherbalcure@gmail.com ) or message him
    on WhatsApp on
    this same +2348154637647 he is here to help
    spread this good new please and God in heaven
    will bless you amen,
    him can also cure
    {1}HIV And AIDS
    {2} HPV
    {3}Diabetes
    {4} Hepatitis
    {5} Vitiligo
    {6} Blood Cancer etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i want to tell the world about the great and mighty spell caster called Dr .osofo my husband was cheating on me and no longer committed to me and our kids when i asked him what the problem was he told me he has fell out of love for me and wanted a divorce i was so heart broken i cried all day and night but he left home i was looking for something online when i saw an article how the great and powerful Dr osofo have helped so many in similar situation like mine he email address was there so i sent him an email telling him about my problem he told me he shall return back to me within 48hrs i did everything he asked me to do the nest day to my greatest surprise my husband came back home and was crying and begging for me to forgive and accept him back he can  also  help you    contact   him  on Email ( osofo.48hoursolutioncenter@gmail.com )   whatsapp him +2349065749952  

    ReplyDelete