Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Editing for Your Publisher

I’m still in the process of my first round of edits, but I have to say…everything is going really well. I’d heard horror stories about publishers wanting huge changes and writers feeling like they’ve sold out, but all of Maria’s (now Karen’s) editorial suggestions are really insightful and helpful. I think I may have it done by Friday (Karen, if you’re reading this, don’t hold me to that). J

This is the part of the editing process that is the “big picture” stuff. After I turn in my edits, Karen will get more into specifics. After that, it’s onto the nit-picky line edit. I’ll keep you all posted about each step.

Back Friday!

Oh yeah, for some reason my computer isn’t letting me comment on other people’s blogs…I’m working on fixing that, so if I don’t comment back, sorry! I will as soon as I can.

14 comments:

  1. It's great to hear that the editorial suggestions are insightful and helpful. :)

    By the way, I think it is a blogger issue with the commenting. Several people have mentioned it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's great news. I've heard editorial suggestions can be very painful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've got a good relationship going with the new editor. That's got to be key to producing a great book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad it's going well.
    I'm doing a round of accepting changes that feels like molasses going uphill. Had the blogger problem yesterday, only I couldn't comment on my own blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone just email me saying blogger wouldn't let them comment. Weird.

    It's fascinating there are so many types of editing. But in the long run I guess that's good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear its going so well! Ditto Holly - I didn't realise you looked at different things when editing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're not going to comment back? Well then. LOL!!! So glad to hear the editing is going so smoothly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Congrats on almost being done with the big picture edits! Those are always the hardest for me. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's such a relief when your agent/editor's revision suggestions match your own vision. I've heard a few nightmare stories too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on getting past your first editing round!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad things are working out so well for you! Congrats!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so fun to hear about. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was diagnose with hpv virus for 5years i broke up with my boyfriend because i contracted the virus from him, luckily i found a herbalist name Dr. onokun everyone testify good of his natural treatment i picked up his address and contacted him. he truly treated me with natural herbs in a week and i got cured. i share this post because ever since i got this treatment I'm perfectly ok with my health. i contacted him through this email.. dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete